I used to hate hanging things. I’ll admit it, I’m lazy and hate the process of measuring with a tape measure and ultimately messing up and leaving unwanted holes in the walls.
But a few years ago I came across this amazing tip that I wish I could credit since it has done wonders for our walls! Since I can’t remember where I saw it, I’ll pay it forward here!
1. Flip your piece over to expose the hooks or holes.
Yup, clearance from HomeGoods baby!
2. Cut a piece of painters tape and lay it across the top, covering both hooks/holes.
3. Using a marker, put dots where you would want the nails to go.
4. Remove the tape and place it on the wall where you want to hang the piece. Use a level to make sure it’s straight.
Try and ignore my desperate need for a manicure.
5. Nail the hooks or nails into the marker dots.
6. Remove the tape and hang the piece!
And we’re done! No extra holes to spare!