Guess what? Adirondack chairs are maaad expensive.
Guess what else? I found a cheaper alternative. Shocker.
It requires some paint and some patience, but man it’s worth it.
Let’s take this step by step.
1. Pick up an unfinished chair (or 4) from Home Depot. They are currently on sale for $29 which is incredible since most chairs will cost you upwards of $150. Click here for the deal.
2. Open the box and lay out the pieces. Might need to do some spot sanding.
3. Prime the chairs.
3. Decide on colors and pick up some outdoor paint.
The color choice was quite the debate in my household, but after arm wrestling for it, we came to a decision.
4. BEFORE assembling the chairs paint away! These needed two coats.
5. Let chairs dry. Seriously. Walk away. Stop checking. It takes a while….
6. Assemble and do any necessary paint touch up.
7. Marvel at the great job you did… then promptly SIT on it!
Hey, see the firepit? That’s right… another Craigslist steal. It’s s’mores time!
Once we come up for air from all of our house projects, our plan is to buy and paint 2 more.
Wanna guess what colors we’re going to do??? Winner get’s a s’more.