No more excuses, people. It’s time to play your part in conserving energy and save some money on your electricity bill!
The lovely folks over at Mass Save are giving one lucky HFoP reader an entire box of energy efficient light bulbs! It’s a variety pack which means you can play around with the different types of lighting, not to mention it’s so jam packed with goodies, you probably won’t have to buy new bulbs for a decade! Scroll down to see a full list of what’s included.
And check out the little lighting experiment I did a few weeks ago using one of their LED bulbs here.
To enter to win, all you need to do is Leave a Reply below with an answer to the following question:
When it comes to buying light bulbs for your home, what is typically most important to you?
1. The cost of the bulb
2. The type of light the bulbs produces (color, brightness, etc…)
3. The amount of energy consumption
4. The brand name
5. Other (please list!)
Bonus Entry: “Like” Mass Save on Facebook for a double entry! (Notify me in the comments section if you do).
The Giveaway is open until July 8, 2012 (5pm). The winner will be contacted by email for a mailing address.
What you’ll find inside the winner box:
- Philips 13W Energy Saver (4-pack): This CFL light uses 13W replacing the traditional 60W light bulb, lasts up to 11 years, saves approximately $248 in energy costs (per 4-pack).
- Greenlite 3 Way Spiral Light: This CFL light replaces the original 3-way 75W, 40W and 100W, has a 10,000 hour life and saves approximately $89 in energy costs.
- Greenlite 9W/ELG – Covered Globe: This CFL light replaces a 40W incandescent light bulb using 9W, replaces standard bath bar bulbs, boasts 8,000 hours of life and saves $27 in energy costs.
- Greenlite 7W/ELC – Covered Candle Light: This CFL light replaces the original 30W light bulb using 7W of power, has 10,000 hours of life, saves approximately $28 in energy costs and is best for use in chandeliers or smaller application.
- TCP 14W- Covered Globe: This CFL light replaces a 60W incandescent light bulb using 14W, boasts 7.3 years of life and saves approximately $1.69 per year in energy costs (per bulb used).
- Greenlite 8W Dimmable PAR30 LED Reflector: This Phase I dimmable LED reflector light uses 8W to boast 25,000 hours of museum quality lighting, is used for recessed lighting, ceiling fans and track lighting, produces low heat and saves $115 in energy costs.
- TCP 14W- Covered Spiral: This CFL light replaces the traditional 65W incandescent light bulb using 14 W, lasts 7.3 years and saves approximately $1.69 in energy costs per year (per bulb used).
- Greenlite 23W – Open Spiral: This CFL light replaces the traditional 100W incandescent using 23W, boasts 12,000 hours of life and saves approximately $102 in energy costs.
- GE LED Technology Dimmable Candle Shaped Light: This energy smart CFL boasts 15,000 hours of lighting using 2.2W of energy, is great for smaller applications such as chandeliers and saves approximately $0.26/year in energy costs (per bulb used).
- GE 20W General Purpose Covered Spiral: This frosted CFL uses 20W of GE Hybrid Technology, which replaces the traditional 75W general purpose light bulb, lasts 7.3 years and saves approximately $48 in energy costs.